- 27 Feb 2024
IoD Manchester Bitesize Demystifying sustainability to improve culture, performance and win work.
What is sustainability? Is it just environmental considerations or something more? How might you use it to engage your workforce? Where might it give you a competitive advantage? Where do you start? Are you already embracing sustainability without recognising it?
Hosted by Heather de Groot and Caroline Swailes of Be-Ethical, award-winning experts in sustainability and workforce engagement, this session will provide you with the opportunity to put all your questions to our expert panel with their practical experience of embedding sustainability to benefit business performance. Our panel will provide you with practical tips and tools to help you:
- Integrate sustainability into your business model in a way that both involves and motivates your employees.
- Measure compliance with your sustainability targets.
- Enhance your Company’s culture.
- Set your company apart when bidding for work in a competitive market.
- Exploring the various dimensions of sustainability and their impact on business operations and culture.
- Strategies for involving employees in sustainability initiatives, enhancing their commitment and productivity.
- Tips and tools for assessing the effectiveness of your sustainability initiatives, both environmentally and in workforce engagement.
- How you might showcase your sustainability internally and externally to stakeholders and clients.
The session will consist of a 45-minute interactive panel discussion led by our hosts, followed by a Q&A segment, allowing direct engagement with our experts and exchanges of ideas. Questions can be put through the chat function.We look forward to welcoming you!
Founder of Humanity HR, Ella focuses on better management of workplace stress and creating work cultures that care. Businesses that fully understand and support their people will foster employee well-being, relationships built on trust, confidence, and the shared vision to achieve growth.
Heather de Groot & Caroline Swailes
Caroline Swailes and Heather de Groot, former colleagues at a leading global company committed to responsible business, both transitioned to the SME sector as Sustainability Consultants. After collaborating in the larger corporate setting, they reunited to address sustainability challenges faced by SMEs.
By creating online training and investing in automation, they turned their experience into a valuable, results driven offer, clearing a path for local businesses to showcase their contribution and impact
Irene, the first-ever black female inspector in Merseyside Police's history, boasts a career marked by many accolades, including a feature in 'Liverpool Black Pioneers.' With a Masters Degree in Police Leadership and as an award winning businesswoman, Irene is the Founder and Director of Ametrine Coaching and Consultancy. She passionately advocates for equality, diversity and inclusion, working with national and global public sector businesses, educational institutions, and as a TEDx speaker.
Sean Keyes, MD Sutcliffe
With 35 years at Sutcliffe in structural and civil engineering Sean has become the dynamic leader he is today.
He takes an active role in supporting the local community and future generations of engineers through his award-winning apprenticeship programme.
Connect with other directors, develop yourself and influence the people that matter.
Free registration with IoD
Stay up-to-date on issues that affect directors and get access to free resources.