Doing business in uncertain times How to be the best employer you can be
South of Scotland Enterprise (SOSE), alongside the Institute of Directors (IoD) and Living Wage Scotland (LWS) invite you to a business breakfast to find out more about how committing to Fair Work can be an opportunity, rather than challenge.
The event, running from 8.15am to 10.30am at SOSE’s Ettrick Riverside offices in Selkirk, is open to all but in particular business owners, managers and HR professionals across the Scottish Borders.
Those attending will get the chance to network, hear practical information from representatives from each organisation as well as leading Scottish Borders business Scotmas on the positive impact of implementing Fair Working practices in their workplace. We’ll also talk about some of the challenges which can be addressed directly by implementing fair working practices and some of the practical steps that organisations can take.
There will also be an open discussion and question and answer session.
Breakfast and refreshments will be provided.
What is Fair Work?
Fair Work is a Scottish Government commitment to giving every worker in Scotland ‘an effective voice, opportunity, security, fulfilment, and respect’.
This means improving job quality, and ensuring every working person has a benchmark of what to expect in their workplace.
Chair: Catherine McWilliam, Nations Director for Scotland, IoD
• 8.15am to 8.50am: Breakfast/refreshments and informal networking opportunity
• 8.50am to 8.55am: Catherine McWilliam (Nations Director for Scotland, IoD) - Welcome
• 8.55am to 9am: Christine McCaig (Manager, Living Wage Scotland) - Summary of Living Wage week
• 9am to 9.15am: Seonaid Mann, (SOSE, Fair Work and Equalities Lead ) - Addressing everyday business challenges through the lens of Fair Work.
• 9.15am to 9.30am: Paul Wheelhouse (SOSE, Energy Transition Lead) - Addressing the energy crisis for small businesses: What can businesses do to help themselves in practical terms and why does it matter?
• 9.30am to 9.45am: Alistair Cameron (Scotmas, CEO) – What positive impacts has the implementation of Fair Working practices had on Scotmas? How have these impacts been measured? What steps has Scotmas taken to address the energy crisis?
• 9.45am to 9.50am: Catherine McWilliam - summary
• 9.50am to 10.10am: Question and Answer session
• 10.10am to 10.30am: Informal networking opportunity
• 10.30am – Event closes
Connect with other directors, develop yourself and influence the people that matter.
Free registration with IoD
Stay up-to-date on issues that affect directors and get access to free resources.