The Institute of Directors (IoD) has named the business experts who will pick the winners of this year's Director of the Year awards.
There is just a few days left to enter the prestigious awards, which recognise the top directors in Yorkshire and the North East across eight categories. The final deadline is 17 April.
The judging panel will be chaired by Richard Tuplin, regional director (north) of Jelf Insurance Brokers. He will be joined by Simon Walton, partner at Berwick Partners and Andy Wood, managing partner of the Leeds and Newcastle offices of Grant Thornton UK.
The panel is completed by Rachel Hannan, director, The Hannan Partnership, Jude Browne, managing director of Headmint and Karl Pemberton, managing director of Active Chartered Financial Planners.
The winners will be revealed at a gala dinner at the Principal York hotel on 5 July. They will go forward to the national IoD Director of the Year finals.
Stephen Martin, director general of the IoD, "I was honoured to win a Director of the Year award when I was chief executive at Clugston Group. It felt like a terrific personal achievement, but more importantly it recognised the hard work and effort that had been put in by the entire team around me.
I'd urge directors from all industries to put themselves forward for an award and join us on 5 July as we come together in York to celebrate successful leadership."
Richard Tuplin said: "The Director of the Year awards raise awareness among IoD members, the wider business community and public of the significant contribution business leaders can make to society and to economic prosperity in our region. They are recognised as one of the most prestigious accolades for business leaders in Yorkshire and the North East."
This year’s award categories are:
- Director of the Year Award (SME company)
- Director of the Year Award (Mid-Market company)
- Director of the Year Award (Large company)
- Young Director of the Year Award
- International Director of the Year Award
- Public & Third Sector Director of the Year Award
- Family Business Director of the Year
- Non-Executive Director of the Year
Partners for this year’s awards event are Fentimans, Leeds Beckett University, Microsoft, Principal York and Vista.
To make a nomination or to request further information please contact us.
Picture caption: Richard Tuplin, chair of the judges for the IoD Director of the Year Awards in Yorkshire and the North East.
All media enquiries to Richard Abbott or Clare Walker at Cicada Communications on 01423 567 111
Notes to editors
- The Institute of Directors (IoD) was founded in 1903 and obtained a Royal Charter in 1906. The IoD is a non-party political organisation with approximately 35,000 members in the United Kingdom and overseas. Membership includes directors from right across the business spectrum – from media to manufacturing, professional services to the public and voluntary sectors. Members include CEOs of large corporations as well as entrepreneurial directors of start-up companies.
- The IoD provides an effective voice to represent the interests of its members to key opinion-formers at the highest levels. These include Government ministers and their shadows, parliamentary committee members, senior civil servants and think-tanks. IoD policies and views are actively promoted to the national, regional and trade media. Follow us on Twitter to get the IoD’s reaction on business and public policy issues.
- The IoD offers a wide range of business services which include business centre facilities, with 15 UK centres (including three in London, Reading, Birmingham, Cardiff, Manchester, Nottingham, Norwich, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast) and one in Paris, conferences, networking events, virtual offices, issues-led guides and literature, as well as free access to business information and advisory services. The IoD places great emphasis on director development and has established a certified qualification for directors – Chartered Director – as well as running specific board and director-level training and individual career mentoring programmes.
- For further information, visit our website
Richard Abbott MCIPR | Director | Cicada Communications Limited
Tel. 01423 567111 | Mob. 07801 316044 www.cicada-comms.com
CIPR PRide award winners for more than a decade
Cicada Communications Ltd, 101 Station Parade, Harrogate, North Yorkshire HG1 1HB