The judging panel has been announced for the Director of the Year Awards 2020 – the search for Yorkshire and the North East’s most talented business leaders.
The panel includes Jo Barnes, managing director of Hull based Shared Agenda, specialists in estate solutions for the public and private sectors.
Jo has more than 25 years’ experience of working on regeneration projects in the public and private sectors. She established Shared Agenda with Community Health Partnerships and Sewell Group in 2013. Jo is also a director of the Sewell Group and a member of the Humber Local Enterprise Investment and Regulation Board, representing the private sector.
The Director of the Year Awards are held every year by the Institute of Directors (IoD). Directors from business, public and third sectors will be recognised across 13 categories and winners in Yorkshire and the North East will go on to contest the national Director of the Year Awards along with those from other IoD regions.
Jo is joined on the judging panel by:
• Simon Walton, managing partner at Berwick Partners/Odgers Berndtson, Leeds and chair of the judging panel
• Dr Joanna Berry, associate professor in entrepreneurship at Durham University Business School and vice chair of the IoD Yorkshire and North East
• Karl Pemberton, managing director, Active Chartered Financial Planners, County Durham, and chair of the IoD’s North East (South) branch.
• Dan Gill, founder of Leeds based catering and event management specialist Dine
• Rachel Hannan, business angel and advisor, Leeds.
Jo said: “This is my first time as a judge of these prestigious awards and I’m very much looking forward to helping to identify the most talented directors from such a fantastic and diverse region as Yorkshire and the North East.”
The 13 categories are SME; Large business; Young Director (under 42 years); Public Sector; Not for Profit / Third Sector; Start Up; Family business; Student; Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity; Social value and Sustainability Impact; International; Innovation; and Non-Executive.
The closing date for entries is 30 March: www.iodawards.com/yorks-northeast
The winners will be celebrated at a black-tie dinner held at the Principal, York hotel on 2 July 2020.