The Hampshire & IoW Branch of the IoD is fourth largest branch outside of London and has been brilliantly led by Geraint Davies for the last 2 years. The role of Chairman is usually a 3-year position but due to unforeseen circumstances Geraint has had to step down, before the end of his term. The time has come, however, where we are looking for a new Chair to take on this voluntary role in Hampshire.
The IoD is committed to ensuring all members receive a high level of local/branch membership benefit. The Branch ambassadors, who are led by a Branch Chair, make up a leadership team within each IoD branch. They work with the Event Branch Officer to build a local programme of opportunities for IoD members.
What are the benefits of taking on this role?
• Your views and opinions may be sought by the Policy Unit of the IoD which oversees the development of IoD policy on the full range of issues affecting business.
• 20% off IoD Professional Development courses (T&C's apply)
• Offer your expertise, insights and thought-leadership to support the growing Membership base of business leaders.
• You will be positioned as the 'go to' person for your area of expertise.
• Local media vehicles will be encouraged to contact you for local comment on national, regional and local business issues and when these issues fall within your area of expertise you will be given first option to comment.
This opportunity is open to all members of the Hampshire and Isle of Wight branch.
Further information can be obtained by contacting Lesley Bennett on 07814 386178 or by email
If you are interested in applying for this post, please send a short note of introduction to Lesley Bennett, Head of Regional Relationships.
The closing date for applications is 22nd June 2018.