NHS Orkney is responsible for meeting the health needs of around 21,500 people living in Orkney, and provides a comprehensive range of primary, community-based and acute hospital services tailored for the whole population.
As a non-executive member of the Board, you will be expected to play a central role in guiding the strategies which address the health priorities and health care needs of the resident population. You will be offered the training you’ll need to make a strong contribution.
For this position you must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria:
• Ability to demonstrate NHS Scotland’s shared values. These are:
• care and compassion;
• dignity and respect;
• openness, honesty and responsibility; and,
• quality and teamwork
• A successful track record in looking carefully at what organisations do and holding them to account
• Ability to influence decision making and challenge constructively
• Ability to contribute to longer term planning by seeing the ‘bigger picture’
• Ability to analyse and review complex issues
• Ability to communicate effectively
The closing date is midday on 4th December 2020.
For further information and to apply, please see here