The Loch Lomond and The Trossachs Countryside Trust is a registered Scottish charity and a company limited by guarantee. It was set up in April 2012, initially as a partnership between Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park Authority, Scottish Forestry and Scottish Natural Heritage with the aim of being an effective mechanism to conserve and improve the landscape and ecology of the National Park and to enhance the visitor experience of its countryside. It supports and adds value to the work of public, private, voluntary and community organisations within the Park.
The main objectives of the LL&TCT are:
• That important habitats are brought into favourable condition
• That opportunities for recreation, access and active travel are increased
• That invasive species are reduced
• That people experience improved quality of life
• That collaboration enables larger and better connected actions on the ground
We are now looking to add up to 4 members to the Board to help us to achieve these objectives and take LLT&CT on the next exciting stage of its journey. We are interested in speaking with candidates who represent the communities within the in the park and candidates that represent visitors who go to and use the park that want to make a difference to the area and are passionate about the area and the Trusts objectives.
If you have a connection to this amazing part of the world through living there, through work or you visit the area to use and enjoy its many fantastic features and visit the beautiful spaces then we would love to hear from you. As we are looking for a number of Board members, we are looking for a wide range of skill sets – however candidates from the following areas are particularly welcome:
• Community Engagement in LLTNP
• HR/Training and Development
• Marketing/Fundraising/Income Generation
• Social Media as a communications and advocacy tool
• Website design and management
In terms of time commitment there are 5- 6 meetings per year, including AGM and strategy day. With ad-hoc work expected through the year.
For more information, please visit www.aspenpeople.co.uk/LLTCT or for a conversation about the role please contact Debbie Shields or Emma McEneaney at our recruitment partners, Aspen People, on 0141 212 7555.
Closing date for applications – Friday 4th June 2021