• Court Member and Chair of Audit and Risk Committee
• Lay member of Finance Committee
• Lay member of Staff Committee
Heriot-Watt University is seeking to appoint to a number of vacancies on Court and Court Committees. In particular, we welcome applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for a Court member who will also be Chair of the Audit and Risk Committee, and new lay members for the Finance Committee and Staff Committee.
As a leading global university with an established reputation, Heriot-Watt University is delivering against an ambitious strategic plan: Strategy 2025. Independent lay members of the Court and its committees provide leadership which helps ensure that we deliver our strategy within a framework of effective and efficient governance. The University works within a strong set of values and the Court is committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion, and wishes to increase the diversity of its membership.
Membership of the Court or a Court Committee is a voluntary unpaid role and is therefore likely to appeal to those who wish to make a contribution to international higher education, enjoy the benefits of working in a stimulating environment with like-minded individuals, whilst expanding their own professional horizons. Court positions are unpaid, although reasonable out of pocket expenses will be paid in accordance with the University’s Travel and Expenses Policy
• Further information about the University is available here
• Further information about the Court and Committee vacancies is available here
• Further advice and how to apply is available here
• Background information on the Court and its Committees is available here