NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde is looking for two new members to join its Board and to complement the current skills on the Board, we are looking for individuals who can specifically bring either financial governance experience or clinical experience, ideally in a primary care setting.
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde is the largest health system in Scotland and one of the largest in the UK. It is responsible for meeting the health needs of around 1.14m people living in the area, and provides a comprehensive range of community and hospital based services for the population.
As a member of the Board, you will not only need to have the right skills, knowledge and experience for the role, but also be able to demonstrate behaviour aligned to the NHS Scotland values. The values as outlined in the NHS Scotland Workforce Strategy Everyone Matters: 2020 Workforce Vision are:
• care and compassion;
• dignity and respect;
• openness, honesty and responsibility; and,
• quality and teamwork.
In addition to the values highlighted above, you must also be able to demonstrate one of the following priority criteria:
• Financial governance experience
• Clinical experience (ideally in a primary care setting)
Other general criteria you will be required to demonstrate are:
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to influence decision making and challenge constructively
• Ability to contribute to longer term planning by seeing the ‘bigger picture’
• Ability to analyse and review complex issues
• Knowledge about or connection to health and social care services provided by the NHS in Scotland
The closing date is midnight Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
For further information and to apply, please see here