NHS Grampian is looking for one new member to join its Board with particular experience of contributing to the delivery and/or maintenance of major built infrastructure / capital projects.
Through hospital and local based services, NHS Grampian is responsible for meeting the health needs of the half-million population spread over 3,000 square miles of city, town, village and rural communities. The Board oversees a budget of over £1 billion. Since April 2016 NHS Grampian’s fully integrated Health and Social Care Partnerships became fully operational across their three Local Authority areas of Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray and NHS Grampian works closely with the three Integration Joint Boards covering these areas.
As a member of the Board, you will not only need to have the right skills, knowledge and experience for the role, but also be able to demonstrate behaviour aligned to the NHS Scotland values. The values as outlined in the NHS Scotland Workforce Strategy Everyone Matters: 2020 Workforce Vision are:
• care and compassion;
• dignity and respect;
• openness, honesty and responsibility; and,
• quality and teamwork.
In addition to the values highlighted above, you must also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Experience of contributing to the delivery and/or maintenance of major built infrastructure / capital projects
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Ability to build effective relationships with people, both within and outwith the organisation
• Ability to influence decision making and challenge constructively
• Ability to analyse and review complex issues
As well as the above requirements, it would be desirable to the Board at this time if you also had either of the following:
• Understanding or experience of the issues that can affect the quality of health and social care experience of ethnic or other minority groups in the North East of Scotland and how these can be addressed
• Experience of digital transformation and understanding of how this impacts health and care systems.
The closing date is midnight Friday 4th December 2020.
For further information and to apply, please see here