Dear IoD North West members,
I am writing to you all directly today, both to reach out at a time when we are all starting to adopt social distancing practices, and to make sure that you are aware of the various things we are doing in the region and at national level to support you. Please do read through this email (it is not a marketing circular) and let me know how you are getting on and what else we could be doing using this survey.
I am also very keen to speak to members directly and will be calling people over the coming weeks. If you would like to arrange a specific time for a call, please do email me your availability – email@example.com.
Changes to our activity
As I’m sure you already know, on Monday the Government substantially upgraded its response to Covid-19, requesting everyone to avoid unnecessary social contact, including working from home where possible. We are sure this will have had a significant impact on your organisation, and the IoD has been working directly with UK and devolved Governments to secure you support in these difficult times.
The new guidance means that the IoD has to take the following actions:
1. With effect from today (Wednesday 18th) IoD premises will close until further notice. XYZ Building in Manchester is not owned by the IoD – they have informed me that they will remain open for the time being, and that IoD members will be able to use that facility should you wish to. However, the IoD North West office will be closed.
2. Face to face IoD events have been postponed – we are moving many of our planned events online, so please keep checking our events page for activity.
3. Face-to-face courses scheduled to take place in the next three months have been postponed – in the meantime the team in London is working hard to enhance our digital offering, with the aim that as many of our courses as possible may be delivered online whilst much of the UK workforce are remaining at home. I will update you asap.
We will continue to do everything in our power to provide connection, development, and representation for IoD members, including:
New Regional activity during this period
I believe that it will be important to stay connected with fellow directors at this time, so I am pleased to bring you the following:
• The team will run frequent online social lunches. The first one will be this Friday, then Tues and Thurs from then on.
• We will run a series of webinars covering all kinds of topics
Visit our events page for updates
• We will be collating videos of members, and how you are managing work at this time, which we will post on social media – please send your videos (filmed landscape please) to Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Please join us on social media using these links – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn page, Linkedin private group
IoD resources you might find helpful right now:
• IoD Digital Academy – if you find that you have some time to focus on professional development, we have 40 days’ worth of free CPD training and a self-assessment tool based on our Competency Framework -
• Coronavirus support hub
• Directors Advice Service
Please do feel free to contact me for any reason over the coming weeks and months.
With all good wishes