IoD launches Directors' Sills Day in Yorkshire
- Boost your strategy, leadership and effectiveness skills.
- Network with more than 40 attendees.
- Enjoy inclusive breakfast, lunch and refreshments at the Principal York hotel.
- Directors from across Yorkshire and the North East are to converge on York for the region’s inaugural Directors’ Skills Day.
- The Institute of Directors (IoD) will stage the all-day event at York's spectacular Principal Hotel on 9 November.
- Whether you’re a newly appointed director, aspiring to achieve your first board position or looking to progress your career to the next level, this exclusive day of workshops is designed to develop your understanding of strategy, leadership, and effectiveness.
The Directors' Skills Day comprises four short courses:
- Strategic Decision Making
- Practical tips for becoming a NED,
- The Top 5 Things Every Director Must Know
- Improving Board Dynamics.
Expert course leaders include experienced dealmaker Jo Haigh, the CEO and founder of fds, which has bases in London, Birmingham and Yorkshire, and Deborah Benson, the first and youngest female director to be appointed at Scottish construction company the Miller Group.
Content will include industry case studies and practical exercises designed to facilitate peer networking.
Guest speaker at the lunch will be Prof Terry Hodgkinson CBE, former chairman of regional development agency Yorkshire Forward. Over more than four decades in business, Terry
has accrued considerable executive and non-executive experience in privately owned, not-for profit and government organisations.
Natalie Sykes, regional director of the IoD in Yorkshire and the North East, said: “We are bringing together some of our best director development courses and fantastic presenters to deliver an all-day learning event that is guaranteed to challenge attendees’ thinking and enhance their directorial skills.”
Early Bird places are £199 for members and £249 for non-members until 19 October. To book, visit www.iod.com/yorkshire or contact Emily.Martin@iod.com