IoD Branch Ambassador Introduction
Mr Charles Little FCA
Your title/role and company name: Keens Shay Keens Limited. Director and part owner. Responsible for the Bedford office
Your IoD branch: Hertfordshire
Your IoD Branch Ambassador role: Finance
Your social media handles e.g Twitter, LinkedIn etc LinkedIn
Q: How long have you been involved with the IoD?
12 + years
Q: Can you tell us a little about your career to date?
Coopers & Lybrand 1990 – 1997
“KSK” 1977 to date.
Opened Bedford from “cold” and now have a senior management team of 4 average ages of 34. Fees now £650k.
Q: What do you hope to achieve as an IoD Branch Ambassador?
- To spread the benefits of belonging to the IoD
- Advise on business start-ups and financial reviews whenever required.
Q: If you could give your 21 year old self some advice what would it be?
For a person starting in business
- How well do you know your product or the service you provide?
- Gain some experience before you start in business
- Use the services of a good business provider
- Compile a business plan
- Ensure you have regular financial data on which to make financial decisions.
- Make sure you have adequate capital for a period of 2 – 3 years.
Q: What keeps you busy outside of work?
Sporting interests in horse racing. Football Luton Town FC
Q: Are there any business related or policy issues that keep you awake at night?
Constant changes in VAT, income tax and CGT taxation rules
Q: Why do you think business leaders should join the IoD?
We need a body of some significance to represent us in the Halls of Parliament