On Tuesday 29th January, 45 engaged, participative and enthusiastic IoD Student Members and Nottingham Trent University students attended the first student event of 2019 'How to make that first impression count'.
The event was delivered by Regional Director Ron Lynch and organised by Events Administrator and placement student Sophie Jackson.
Topics covered in the 2 hour session were:
- Personal Brand
- Networking Bingo
- Networking on different social media platforms
- Networking is a process, a discipline - not an event
- Networking tips
- Business cards
- Perfecting your introduction
- Six Degrees of separation
- The Institute of Directors - why to become a member?
- Tomorrow's Director Award - exclusively for NTU IoD Student Members
The winners of Networking Bingo were awarded with a free place at one of the Nottingham Professionals Lunch or Regional Networking Lunch.
'It was a great event that showed how easy networking is and how powerful it can be to create opportunities when done well'. - Troy Brocklebank, IoD Student Member