As you will no doubt be aware, yesterday the Government substantially upgraded its response to Covid-19, requesting everyone to avoid unnecessary social contact, including working from home where possible.
We are sure this will have had a significant impact on your organisation, and we have been working directly with UK and devolved Governments to secure you support in these difficult times, including ahead of the Chancellor’s announcement this evening. Unfortunately, the new guidance means that the IoD has to take the following actions:
- With effect from Wednesday 18th March IoD premises at 116 Pall Mall, London, and 10 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, will close until further notice. For any other premises, please contact your regional/national team.
- Face-to-face courses scheduled to take place in the next three months have been postponed. If you are booked onto a course a member of our Professional Development team will be in touch shortly to support transferring your booking to a later date.
- IoD events have been postponed until further notice.
We will continue to do everything in our power to provide connection, development, and representation for IoD members, including:
- Providing you the information, resources, and guidance you need to respond in the weeks ahead. Our Information and Advisory Services, including our Legal and Tax helplines, remain operational.
- Making your voice heard by Government. We are in regular, direct contact with Ministers, so please email us here. With you, we can make a difference: our latest Policy Voice survey was the key evidence cited by the Bank of England as it took radical action at its last meeting.
- Exploring all avenues to further enhance our digital offering, in terms of both professional development and member connectivity.
We will be providing more information on how the IoD is responding in the coming days and you can keep up to date by visiting our Corona Virus Support Hub
Now, more than ever, it is crucial for directors to have an institution fighting their corner. The IoD team will stop at nothing to provide that for you.