Leading through uncertainty to achieve success
An opportunity to develop the leader you always wanted to be
Institute of Directors North West are delighted to work in partnership with Oakridge to bring you this interactive and inspiring event. The event will provide a stimulating environment for business professionals at all levels to gather together and learn from inspirational IoD leaders, workshop facilitators and from each other the key tools, tips, techniques and insights to help improve your leadership skills.
You will learn how to lead with purpose and increase your effectiveness in leading during challenging times.
Purposeful Leadership creates a powerful momentum towards a positive future. Purpose is what defines us, drives us and empowers us. You will hear from Inspirational Speakers, including IoD Members, Brigit Egan, Sandy Lindsay MBE and Phil Jones MBE, who will share their personal purposeful leadership stories.
You will hear from award winning Leaders from various fields, providing a richness of perspectives and experiences, you will learn from leaders who you may not have known because you were unfamiliar with their work. The day will provide you with an opportunity to recharge and be creative. For one day, you can plug-in, focus on you – your impact, obstacles and growth opportunities. You will not be lectured to – you will have an immersive experience that will keep you engaged by a multi-sensory, active learning approach.
This conference will also be relevant to you even though you may not currently lead a team or a project – in today’s work environment – each and every one of us will need to demonstrate our leadership skills in our day to day environment. You will learn concrete examples of leadership at all levels in creating innovation, exerting influence, future proofing your skills to ensure future effectiveness and the key principles and tools for improving human performance.
Take advantage of a unique opportunity for informal learning, sharing, and co-coaching from the best leadership experts. Ask questions, discuss, exchange experience, build relationships, get inspired and improve leadership for your community, your organisation and yourself!
Keynote Speakers Include:
Phil Jones MBE, Managing Director of Brother UK - Institute of Directors Fellow
Mark Burbridge, Human Performance Expert and Joint MD for Oakridge
Brigit Egan, Inspiring Leader Award Winner and Joint MD for Oakridge and expert on future proofing your leadership skills for the future - Institute of Directors Member
Sandy Lindsay MBE, Founder and Chair of Tangerine PR, founder of The Juice Academy and Skills Chair of IoD and North West Leadership Team
What you will gain from attending the Conference:
- A day to gain inspiration from Leaders at the top of their game, participate in inspirational sessions and experiential learning
- Powerful tools, techniques and insights that will strengthen your leadership skills
- Understand the Leadership Skills required for the future
- How to have powerful and engaging conversations to ensure success
- Understand the concepts of innovation, agility and change and build your resilience to deal with stressful situations
- Understand the importance of personal impact, gravitas and presence
- Understand the principles of Human Performance and gain practical tools that will enhance your performance
- New Contacts, informal networking, Social fun
From each of the Power Sessions you will gain:
- An understanding of the skills and behaviours required for future success
- Practical strategies that you can apply back in the workplace immediately
- Personal insights and awareness
- An opportunity to practice some of the skills and techniques learned
- An interactive, practical, fun, and high energy learning experience