The IoD aims to ensure that tomorrow’s leaders are represented and supported, which is why we’ve created the Young Directors Forum (YDF).
The YDF is a sub-group of the IoD and was launched as part of our commitment to embrace the young, aspiring directors who will take our economy forwards and compete with the rest of the world.
Our mission is to represent, support, engage and develop tomorrow's leaders today. We want to create an environment where younger members of the IoD can share best practice, network and discuss issues of concern with other young business leaders, and contribute to regional and national policy discussions. We also hope to provide access to high-quality professional development. If you’re an IoD member who is passionate about helping up-and-coming directors realise their potential, the YDF would love to hear from you.
How can we help you?
- If you are a young or aspiring director or entrepreneur then the YDF will help you build your skills and contact network
- If your business is looking to develop rising stars into future leaders, the YDF gives you support from one of the most credible brands in business – the Institute of Directors (IoD).
- If you have recently engaged with us through our student membership, either as a student or apprentice, we are here for you through our guru panel, events and YDF committee
How to join?
If you are an IoD member then you get automatic access to all events. If you’re interested in getting involved, simply make an enquiry using the buttons below, and we’ll be in touch with details of the next gathering. We look forward to hearing from you.
Young Directors Forum
Lee Freeman is the regional chairman of the Young Directors Forum Yorkshire
Regular YDF Events
- Inside Track breakfasts with the Bank of England. Off-the-record talks with our region’s agent on the economy
- Be Inspired events Exclusive lunches and dinners with captains of industry sharing their views on hot topics
- Behind the Scenes Get access to our region’s finest businesses and hear their stories and future plans. All events are open to all ages, members and non-members.
To get involved or sponsor an event with us, please email or call us on 0113 243 0152.