Supporting our Ambassadors on their pathway to Chartered Director
As a long-established professional awarding body, the IoD is the only institute in the world to offer internationally recognised qualifications designed "by directors for directors" under a Royal Charter.
It is important to us that Ambassadors (who wish to do so) are able to realise their aspiration to become a Chartered Director and, as recommended by our community working groups, we are offering all Ambassadors a substantial discount on the training programmes leading to Chartered Director.
What is a Chartered Director?
- Recognition of the high standards and capabilities that are needed for ensuring that the profession of ‘director’ is understood and is placed at the heart of organisational life;
- Organisations need effective and informed boards and need directors who are aware of their personal responsibilities and accountabilities across a spectrum of activities and disciplines;
- Chartered Director is positioned as the professional qualification for directors;
- Although a directorship may mark the pinnacle of a career, Chartered Director requires continuous commitment and ongoing development to retain the level of effectiveness and practitioner excellence that exemplify C Dirs and their outstanding contributions to their boards and organisations.
Benefits of Chartered Director
- Provides independent evidence of a high level of knowledge and commitment to integrity in professional standards;
- Demonstrates an on-going commitment to the development and maintenance of best boardroom practice and good corporate governance through Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
- Chartered Director-exclusive events;
How do I qualify for 40% off?
To support your professional development, we are offering 40% off key stages of the Chartered Director programme, to enable as many of our Ambassadors as possible to achieve the highest status for Directors, and to continue their work as advocates of the IoD whilst holding our flagship qualification.
In order to receive 40% off qualifying courses, Ambassadors must demonstrate the work they have done as an advocate of the IoD at a local, regional or national level – depending on their role – in line with criteria set in place by the IoD. For example, hosting or attending events, inviting new members to join the IoD, creating and sharing literature and information on locally available courses and so on. For more information on this criteria, please contact the Regions and Branches Team using the details below.
Which courses can I claim 40% off?
The 40% discount is available – with a valid booking code – on the following courses:
Modular Certificate in Company Direction:
Role of the Director and the Board
Diploma in Company Direction
Finance for Non-Financial Directors
Leadership for Directors
Director's Role on Strategy and Marketing
40% off the Developing Board Performance course
How do I book using the discount?
This discount is only available to IoD Ambassadors using a valid booking code, and bookings must be made via the Regions and Branches Team to qualify for 40% off.
For all bookings please email
The discount can only be redeemed on bookings made directly to the Regions and Branches Team
The Accelerated Certificate in Company Direction Course is excluded from this offer
Examinations are payable at a non-discounted rate
The Chartered Director Interview is payable at a non-discounted rate
The offer applies only to courses delivered by the IoD at our regional hubs (North West, Jersey, West Midlands) and the IoD Academy at 116 Pall Mall in London.
Courses delivered by IoD franchise partners – such as universities – are exempt from the discount