Supporting and rewarding our Ambassadors
As a long-established professional awarding body, the IoD is the only institute in the world to offer internationally recognised qualifications designed "by directors for directors" under a Royal Charter.
It is important to us that our Ambassadors are advocates for lifelong learning and have experienced first-hand the world-class development programmes we offer.
In recognition of the vital contribution our Ambassadors make to the ongoing success of the IoD, we have enhanced our discount policy on all short courses and training programmes leading to Chartered Director.
How do I qualify for the discount?
In order to receive discounts on qualifying courses, Ambassadors must demonstrate the work they have done as an advocate of the IoD at a local, regional or national level – depending on their role. For example, hosting or attending events, inviting new members to join the IoD, mentoring other members, creating and sharing thought leadership on the digital academy/Director magazine, local campaigns and promoting PD. This will be at the discretion of the Regional or National Director who must approve each application and confirm in writing to the Client Services team with a competed booking form to email@example.com.
Details of the discounts available
For all Ambassadors:
40% off all short courses, Certificate in Company Direction modules, Accelerated Certificate in Company Direction, Diploma in Company Direction and Future Directors.
For all Chartered Directors:
40% off all short courses, Certificate in Company Direction modules, Accelerated Certificate in Company Direction, Diploma in Company Direction and Future Directors.The only exceptions:
For Council members and Chairs:
All short courses, Certificate in Company Direction modules, Diploma in Company Direction and Future Directors are available free of charge.
The only exceptions are:
- Accelerated Certificate in Company Direction is available at a cost of £1,250 +VAT to cover residential fees.
Terms and conditions
- The programme is close to capacity, you may be asked to transfer to
the next available course date
- If you cannot attend the course without providing 30 days’ notice
then cancellation fees and transfer fees will apply
- The cost of the initial exam sittings are included in the
Certificate in Company Direction modules and Diploma in Company Direction
- Chartered Director assessment fees are payable at the standard rate
- Examination re-sits are payable at the standard rate
- All post-examination services are payable at the standard rate
- The discounts do not apply to courses delivered via franchises,
international branches or third-party re-sellers
- An ambassador is expected to use their experience on the programme
to proactively promote the value of IoD professional development to their
networks. You may be asked to complete a formal testimonial for marketing
- For more information and further details on our T&Cs- please
visit our dedicated training
How do I book using the discount?
You must first contact your local region or nation (if you are unsure of your region or nation please email firstname.lastname@example.org) to inform them you are interested in taking up the discount. Your Regional / National Director will review your application and must approve it in writing to the Client Services team with a competed booking form to email@example.com
What is a Chartered Director?
- Recognition of the high standards and capabilities needed for
ensuring that the profession of ‘director’ is understood and placed at the
heart of organisational life;
- Organisations need effective and informed boards and need directors
who are aware of their personal responsibilities and accountabilities
across a spectrum of activities and disciplines;
- Chartered Director is positioned as the leading professional
qualification for directors;
- Although a directorship may mark the pinnacle of a career,
Chartered Director requires continuous commitment and ongoing development
to retain the level of effectiveness and practitioner excellence that
exemplify CDirs and their outstanding contributions to their boards and
Benefits of Chartered Director
- Provides independent evidence of a high level of knowledge and commitment to integrity in professional standards;
- Demonstrates an on-going commitment to the development and maintenance of best boardroom practice and good corporate governance through Continuing Professional Development (CPD);
- Chartered Director exclusive events and access to CPD.