Cyber security consultant (associate contract)
Mainly UK with potential for international travel
The Institute of Directors has a new opening for an experienced and talented associate consultant who specialises in cyber security. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading professional institute that represents business leaders across the globe and a faculty at the forefront of director development.
You will work closely with the Professional Development team to design and deliver a range of programmes for the IoD’s clients, which include directors and boards from all sectors and industries worldwide. You will act as an ambassador and thought-leader for the IoD and work with other faculty team members to promote the importance of continuous professional development for directors and boards.
- To design and deliver a range of courses on behalf of the IoD to the highest quality standards
- To assist in content production for virtual and face-to-face course delivery
- To contribute to the development of the overall syllabus for the Chartered Director programme
- To undertake consultancy assignments relating to your specialism
- To support the Professional Development team in the development of existing and new products and services
- To provide advice, expertise and support to the sales team when required
- Work closely with IoD business development managers and client stakeholders to understand their strategic learning plans and objectives
- To respond to subject-related queries from delegates and clients in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a commitment to own continuous professional development and keep subject matter expertise up to date
- To support the IoD is achieving its strategic goals including the IoD’s own cyber-compliance
- 3-5 years combined experience as an executive or non-executive director, senior executive, or in a senior board advisory role
- Clear evidence of a high level of expertise and specialisation in cyber security Evidence must include:
- Ability to demonstrate understanding, thought-leadership and experience across all dimensions of cyber security:
- Relevant qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge of and connections with UK-based cyber-organisations
- Experience delivering Cyber-Essentials compliance
- Experience delivering ISO27001 compliance
- Experience and /or a track record in a specialist role in cyber security e.g. acting as a role model for best practice in cyber security
- Comprehensive understanding of GDPR and its implications on business
- Hold adequate Professional Indemnity insurance cover
- Provide credible testimonials
- Prior learning and development experience at director level, including development and delivery of courses, use of learning technologies, and coaching and mentoring etc.
- A publications record in the relevant field
- International experience, particularly in respect of non-UK courses and/or consultancy
- Commercial, public and/or third sector business experience
Knowledge and skills required:
- An in-depth knowledge of cyber security in the UK and major international markets
- Up-to-date awareness of the latest legislation in relation to subject specialism
- Highly IT literate
- Excellent facilitation and group management skills
- Ability to engage and build rapport with a wide range stakeholders
- UK and international business and commercial awareness
- An understanding of the IoD’s professional development portfolio and wide range of membership benefits
The Institute of the Directors is the world’s leading professional institute for directors and business leaders. We have been championing businesses and the people who run them since 1903 and are dedicated to supporting over 30,000 members across the globe. We encourage entrepreneurial activity and promote responsible business practice for the benefit of the business community and society as a whole.
High standards of excellence and professionalism in the boardroom are essential for businesses to succeed. Our range of professional development programmes and services are designed and delivered by directors, exclusively for directors. Our internationally-recognised qualification, Chartered Director, is established as the leading benchmark for directors across the private, public and third sectors.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit your application to Samuel.Dowzard@iod.com by Tuesday 23rd May 2017
Please provide the following information in your application:
1. An up-to-date copy of your CV
2. A short summary about your company / and any relevant associates who would support the design and delivery of your work with us (if applicable)
3. A course proposal which includes the following:
- Learning outcomes
- Course content overview
Method(s) of delivery
Recommended delivery locations
Min – max delegate numbers
IoD Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes Treasurer
The IoD operates a regional and branch organisation in order to reach members in their own locations.
You will be aware of various events that are run in the Bucks & MK branch area but you may not know that a committee is in place to help organise and manage these activities, which comprises a group of members who meet regularly to enable this.
We are currently looking for a member to join the committee and act as treasurer. This involves a very simple process of keeping our finances in order balancing income from and costs of putting on events, and liaising with the IoD centrally on these matters. There is no requirement for filing of accounts or anything more complex than simple bookkeeping but it would be ideal to have an experienced accountant to do this role and hence, we are contacting you.
To apply please contact our local Administrator Terri Stubbings