Chartered Director programme
Dynamic and professional boards of directors have a collective responsibility to ensure that each individual is able to perform their duty effectively and to lead the organisation.
The IoD's development programmes will equip you, as a director, with the all round skills, knowledge and understanding essential for successfully directing an organisation from a strategic perspective. They lead to recognised qualifications:
The benefits of IoD qualifications:
- Enable you, as a director, to clearly identify the facets of your role and responsibilities and to develop these
- Benchmark your own knowledge and skills against clearly established standards of good practice
- Benchmark your capabilities against those of your peers whilst taking advantage of excellent networking opportunities
- IoD programmes are designed by directors, for directors, senior executives, entrepreneurs and owner managers
- Courses are short and focussed, meaning they will easily fit around the busiest of schedules
- Learning is based on strategically focussed material delivered through group activities, using interactive materials and the critical review of case studies and scenarios
- Programmes are based on a blended learning principle - a combination of modules combining short courses with e-learning, making them the most time-efficient
- E-learning elements of the programme are not only available post-course but also to aid revision in the lead up to the examinations.
The benefits of blended learning:
- The flexibility of e-learning means that you will spend less time away from the office
- Blended learning allows you time to reflect on and reinforce the face to face learning and link it back to your own organisation
- You are able to direct your learning to times that are most convenient to you
Who will benefit?
Directors join our programmes from a range of businesses and organisations, from small and medium sized enterprises to larger companies, from public sector and not for profit organisations:
- Executives wanting to develop their knowledge and skills before joining the board
- Newly appointed directors wishing to establish their role and responsibilities on the board
- Experienced directors wanting to bring best practice to their organisations and gain up-to-the-minute knowledge on a range of business issues
Flexibility makes all the difference
The programme modules are highly participative and involve a mix of case studies, group work, tutor input and e-learning.
We appreciate how difficult it can be to commit large blocks of time to updating your knowledge and skills, so we have designed our programmes to be delivered in a number of formats. Directors who wish to broaden their experience and understanding rather than acquire a qualification can attend the courses individually, without enrolling onto the programmes.
Choose the right development package for you:
- Provided throughout the UK - our development programmes are available in London as well as various locations in the UK so that you can attend when and where it suits you.
- In-company - off-the-shelf or tailored programmes can be delivered in the context of your own organisation and culture via our Board Development Services team.
The Directors' Insight Tool
This complimentary online tool is your starting point to discovering where your current knowledge lies in the key areas of governance, finance, strategy and leadership. The results will help you to identify which areas you and your board may need to focus on for further development.
20 per cent off IoD publications
We have negotiated a 20 per cent discount off IoD publications, published in association with Kogan Page, exclusively for Chartered Directors. Have a look at the IoD online bookshop for the full range of titles. You must use this book order form to take advantage of this discount.