The IoD offers various information resources to members; these are available via the Business Information Service, in the Business Library or as online guidance.
Please note that most of the information is available free of charge, or at a nominal cost. Please contact us for further information.
- FAME - financial and ownership information on over 2 million UK and Irish companies
- Orbis - covers around 100 million companies throughout the world
- Zephyr - information on mergers & acquisitions
- Morningstar Company Intelligence - 2,500 UK listed companies and biographical information on directors' and their remuneration details
- Kompass - information on producers and service providers, distributors, importers and exporters in over 60 countries
- Graydon - UK and international company credit reports. IoD members can receive 2 free credit reports on their own (UK) company, per calendar year, via the Business Information Service.
Newspaper and magazine articles
- EBSCO Business Source Corporate Plus - contains 2,700 full-text business journals. Additional sources include country economic reports, company profiles and industry reports
- Nexis - comprehensive global news resource with access to over 23,000 news and business sources
Market research reports
- Key Note - UK market research reports covering many market and industry sectors
- Marketresearch.com Profound - provides an extensive collection of global market research, including reports by Datamonitor and Frost and Sullivan
- Euromonitor reports- The Business Information Service now has access to Research Monitor provided by Euromonitor International. This resource provides consumer market overviews and brief industrial snapshots in various international markets
Model documents and templates
- Practical Law - has a wide range of business model documents including directors’ service agreements, employment contracts and templates for various commercial contracts. We can also send you guidance notes to help you tailor those model documents to your own needs
- IoD Briefings are for both established and growing businesses, covering topics such as finance, HR, IT, law, marketing and strategy
eBooks - dictionaries, encyclopedias and biographies
- eBooks - access to Who's Who and 50 reference titles, including business guides, dictionaries and biographies in electronic format
- Directories: UK trade directories covering a range of sectors such as publishing, health, legal, utilities, retail, third sector and insurance
- Reference books: on all aspects of running a business, ranging from company and employment law, taxation, finance, personnel management and marketing. New additions to the collection.
- Dictionaries, almanacs and biographical directories
- Salary surveys and pay information: including those from Croner and Incomes Data Services
- Journals: business and academic journals such as Economic Outlook, Economist, Business Moneyfacts, Estates Gazette, Forbes, Fortune, People Management and Management Today
- Newspapers: daily and weekend broadsheets
- Corporate governance collection: covering areas such as executive and non executive director’s duties and responsibilities and best practice for the board and board committees
- International information: books on issues such as business etiquette, culture and employment
Visit Guidance for our briefings