Provided by Business Information Service
Reviewed 19 November 2013
Useful websites, links and contacts for doing business in Zambia
Organisations in Zambia
Useful websites, links and contacts
- National homepage of Zambia – this site is the main web portal for Zambia, with international and business news updates, useful directories and links.
- Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry – this site provides business guidelines, statistical data and quarterly bulletin, information concerning investment, legislation and news highlights.
- Zambia Association of Chambers of Commerce and Industry – this site includes access to a trade information and resource centre, useful publications regarding access to finance, business registration, and business news updates, directories of private sector organisations and civil society organisations and trade unions.
- Bank of Zambia – this site provides monthly financial market reviews, information on bonds tenders and interest rates, macroeconomic indicators, and fortnightly statistics, supervision laws and regulations, and regular surveys of business opinions.
- Lusaka Stock Exchange – this site provides investor and issuer information, market data reports, updates on unit prices and trade summaries.
- Zambia Development Agency – this site provides information and resources concerning investment (sector profiles, PPPs, projects and guides), export and small businesses, and tender opportunities.
- Central Statistical Office – with fiscal, financial, demographic, and real sector statistics, including economic census, consumer price index, and monthly bulletins.
- Trade Invest Africa - TradeInvestAfrica works to provide investors with accurate information on the opportunities that exist in Africa. The searchable database enables users to quickly access opportunities relevant to their sector or region and to respond directly to the person responsible for the project. It also provides a platform for stakeholders to promote their investment opportunities.
- Southern African Development Community
- British High Commission
All about Zambia
Sources of general information
- Increasing business with Zambia (FCO) – good source of general information.
- Zambia – Country Statistical Profile (OECD) - Statistical profiles include a wide range of indicators on economy, education, energy, environment, foreign aid, health, information and communication, labour, migration, R&D, trade and society.
- Doing Business in Zambia – Country Economic Profile (World Bank) – A guide from the World Bank which uses key indicators to measure the “ease or difficulty of operating a business: starting a business, hiring and firing workers, registering property, getting credit, protecting investors, enforcing contracts and closing a business.”
- Zambia High Commission – this site provides information on trade and investment, useful links to ministries, immigration services including rules and regulations, and key economic activity.
- Import and Export (Market Access Database) – free database gives details of trade statistics between Zambia and the EU and other countries.
- Infrastructure Consortium Africa - the role of the Infrastructure Consortium for Africa is to help improve the lives and economic well-being of Africa’s people through encouraging, supporting and promoting increased investment in infrastructure in Africa, from both public and private sources.
Corporate Governance in Zambia
© Institute of Directors. All rights reserved. The information in this guidance is intended for general information purposes only and does not constitute legal or professional advice. The IoD does not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from relying on information contained in this article. It is not a substitute for legal advice and specific and personal legal advice should be taken on any individual matter. IoD does not recommend any firms. The IoD is not accountable for the products, services, acts or omissions on the website(s) linked to this page. Iod.com Terms & Conditions apply.