Professional Development at the Institute of Directors
Here at the Institute of Directors we have extensive experience of developing directors and boards across all sectors both in the UK and overseas. With a Royal Charter since 1906, the IoD is in a unique position to offer a range of services from director qualifications to bespoke board development.
The demands on you as a leader are continuously evolving; you must be one step ahead of the competition, recognise and create opportunities, lead your organisation to success and remain composed throughout challenges. The changing business environment that you and your organisation operate in is complicated. The IoD’s courses, qualifications, board development services, coaching and mentoring can help you and your organisation to achieve success now and in the future.
Courses range from one to three days. Designed from the director's viewpoint, they are led by business experts with outstanding experience of training. They are also an ideal forum for meeting other directors and expanding your personal network and can form part of a tailored training package for you and your organisation.
See full course list
The Director's Knowledge Toolkit
This is your starting point to discovering your current knowledge in the key areas of Governance, Finance, Strategy and Leadership:
- An Analysis Tool to test your knowledge as an individual director.
- A Diagnostic Tool to give an indication of how your perception of the effectiveness of your board measures against best practice.
- A range of taster e-learning modules from our dynamic e-learning platform, the Learning Zone.
- Video clips from Chartered Directors highlighting the benefits of the IoD qualification.
- Additional resources including access to articles, links and fact sheets.
The IoD provides a wide range of courses to help your professional development. Once you've had a look at the new toolkit you may wish to browse our course list.
Director's Knowledge Toolkit