The IoD is committed to staff training and development. All staff are appraised regularly and new staff receive thorough induction training.
The IoD is an equal opportunities employer, aiming to recruit a diverse range of talented people. We recruit a range of staff in a number of different areas, including: Hospitality, Professional Development, Policy Unit, Support Services (HR, Finance), Marketing, Business Information and Advisory Services, Publications, Commercial and Membership.
As well as a competitive basic salary, IoD employees are entitled to a comprehensive range of benefits.
Executive Coach (Freelance position)
Contract: Contract Associate Position
Location: Successful candidate will be required to work in various locations across the UK and worldwide depending on client demand.
The Institute of Directors has long been recognised as an influential and respected membership organisation in the UK. We have been supporting businesses and the people who run them since 1903. As the UK’s longest running organisation for professional leaders, we are dedicated to supporting our members, encouraging entrepreneurial activity and promoting responsible business practice for the benefit of the business community and society as a whole.
We are recognised for offering creative and flexible training opportunities that can make a significant difference to performance and productivity. Our range of professional development programmes and services are designed and delivered by directors, exclusively for directors.
We are looking for passionate, experienced and inspiring executive coaches to join a leading professional institute that represents business leaders across the globe and a faculty at the forefront of director development.
Applicants will need to demonstrate areas of coaching specialism, for example, business and personal development, specific leadership skills, handling change, implementing strategy, achieving goals and identifying and resolving conflict. The successful candidate will have the ability to engage and build rapport with a wide range of stakeholders and evidence strong leadership skills, alongside the ability to motivate and develop others.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide expert executive individual and team coaching
- Provide updates in the development of coaching protocols and materials tailored to client/business needs
- Provide support to the sales team with client enquiries as required
- Work closely with sales team and client stakeholders to understand their strategic learning plans and objectives
- Respond to queries from IoD and clients in a timely manner
- Demonstrate a commitment to own continuous professional development and keep subject matter expertise up to date
- Assist the operations team in the smooth running of coaching events at the IoD or at the client site
- Report any relevant leads to the sales team
- Attend annual Executive Coaching meeting
- To support the IoD in achieving its strategic goals
The ideal candidate will have:
- Membership with a recognised coaching institute or association such as the International Coach Federation
- An accredited coaching qualification (At PCC or MCC level)
- A minimum of 7 years combined experience as an executive or non-executive director, senior executive, or in a senior board advisory role
- Can demonstrate coaching competencies, approaches and techniques
- Testimonials from a selection of coaching clients, senior managers and board members at director level
- Can show evidence of delivering a minimum of 1500 hours of coaching (excluding coaching delivered during training)
- Holds adequate Professional Indemnity cover
- Meets regularly with a qualified supervisor to maintain standards.
To view the full job description, or if you would like to apply for this role, please submit your CV, with a covering letter to Charlotte Treversh, Learning and Development Manager: Charlotte.Treversh@iod.com
Closing date – 04/09/15